Blackboard is intended for the hobby enthusiast and should help building prototypes on so called breadboards easily.
Currently BlackBoard provides the following features:
- Create so called breadboards (also stripe or perf boards) easily
- Create simple and easy to read schematics
- NGSpice integration, thus the ability to simulate the current schematic with NGSpice
- A big library of electronic parts with more than 400 pieces and library with 500 symbols
- integrated part and symbol editor
- layer based editing
This is an eclipse project, simply import it into the workspace.
In order to build blackboard, you'll need ANT to be installed. Alternatively you can build it from within eclipse. With ANT you simply change to the BlackBoard directory and type "ant".
All data is now stored and retrieved from users home directory. Users which use nigthly builds or the sources must copy the directories symbols, models, parts, datasheets and simulators to the folder USER_HOME/.BlackBoard
<code>$ git clone email@example.com:mpue/blackboard.git $ cd blackboard $ ant $ cp -R models ~/.BlackBoard $ cp -R symbols ~/.BlackBoard $ cp -R parts ~/.BlackBoard $ cp -R datasheets ~/.BlackBoard $ cp -R simulators ~/.BlackBoard </code>
<code>$ java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar dist/lib/BlackBoard.jar</code>